Your address will show here +12 34 56 78
Frequently Asked Questions

What happens at Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care Program?

Fun Kids OSHC provides a wealth of programming choice, individually tailored to meet the expectations of schools and families. This tailored approach maximises the suitability and engagement of what we are delivering to children, families and the school. Using our database of structured, educational activities, combined with our programming tools, our service Coordinators select activities and prepare/publish a Weekly Activity Plan. The service Coordinator includes the children’s ideas in programming as well, giving children ownership of their service.

Our comprehensive play spaces and choices for children include:
  • Art and craft area
  • Construction area – includes Lego, wooden blocks, marble run
  • Dramatic play, dress-up area
  • Board games area
  • Quiet area – includes bean bags and large cushions and books
  • Homework area

Do you provide food at your services?

For before and after school care sessions we provide a healthy, tasty and nutritious selection of food for breakfast and afternoon tea. The selection of breakfast food includes low-sugar cereals, wholemeal toast, water and fresh milk/soy milk, as well as daily selections such as fresh fruit and yoghurt.
The selection of afternoon tea food includes fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh milk/soy milk, and daily selections such as yoghurt, dried fruit, cheese, crackers, bread, sandwiches, soup, dips, pancakes, crumpets and water.

What qualifications do your staff hold?

Fun Kids OSHC provides support and development opportunities for our team members, helping them to achieve formal qualifications by providing mentoring and study leave. We also pay team members to attend internal training courses, as well as covering the costs of most of the courses offered.

Fun Kids OSHC team members are qualified as per National Quality Framework and Legislated regulations and have demonstrated experience in working at OSHC services.

All team members employed by Fun Kids OSHC must provide the appropriate security checks before they are accepted. On employment, all team members must provide a copy of a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC), which we verify through the Department of Justice website.

I'd like my child to attend Before School Care and After School Care, how can I enrol?

To enrol your child simply find the school that your child attends, download the Enrolment Form and the Direct Debit Form. Once you have completed all your details you can book the sessions you need. You will need a valid credit card or bank account for direct debit.

Once you are enrolled, you may make bookings by contacting our service Coordinator via phone, email or text. 

What is the difference a casual and permanent or recurring booking?

Some parents/guardians require regular sessions of care for their child/ren and can book these simply as a weekly or fortnightly pattern. This is classed as a permanent or recurring booking and this information must be confirmed through your MyGov account to ensure you receive the correct Child Care Subsidy (CCS) to avoid paying full fees for your child(s) attendances.
Other parents may only want an occasional session of care with no regular days required. This information is also provided to MyGov however there are no booking patterns that are required to be confirmed.

What do i do if my child has a medical condition or a food allergy?

Fun Kids OSHC caters for all children – including those with special needs, medical conditions or allergies. Each medical condition is dealt with individually, with management plans developed for all allergies. Please be aware that we have legal requirements under our legislation regarding children who have any additional medical or behavioural needs. Parents are required to provide staff with any information required for the safe care of their children as well as others who attend the program. Children will not be able to attend the service until all requested information or medication is provided.

What happens if I'm running late to collect my child?

We understand that in emergency situations you may be running late. We try and balance the needs of our families and the needs of our dedicated staff and therefore, Children collected after the closing time a fee will be charged per minute per child that you are late.

How can I cancel or change a booking?

If you have accidentally booked the wrong day or session type (e.g. Before School Care instead of After School Care) you will need to cancel the incorrect booking and then re-book the correct day or session type. When cancelling, you have the option to cancel an individual booking or all bookings within a date range. If you need to make cancellations for multiple children, you will need to make the cancellations for each child separately. 

To cancel or change a booking, simply contact our friendly service Coordinator via phone, text or email. Please note that for permanent bookings for before and after school care, an advance two week notification period is required. For vacation care bookings, a seven day notification period is required.

How do i access MyGov and confirm my enrolment?

To access MyGov and confirm your enrolment please either download the app (if you haven’t already done so) and follow the steps outlined in this app quick reference guide or go to the website and use this website quick reference guide

How do I pay?

Fees can be paid by by direct debit from your nominated bank account or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Your account will be automatically charged every week for your attendance fees. As part of the enrolment process, you will be required to complete an iDebitPro Direct Debit form. Please note that a penalty fee will be charged by iDebitPro to your credit card or bank account if a transaction is declined. Simply find the school that your child attends and download the Direct Debit Form.

How do I leave feedback and/or suggestions on the service?

We actively encourage feedback. Every service has feedback or suggestion book, however we encourage direct dialogue with program coordinators and our staff. We also conduct a formal parent survey on a twice-yearly basis and use that information to ensure we are delivering on our promises.

Child Care Subsidy (CCS) Fees Explained

The Child Care Subsidy is the main way the Government assists families with their child care fees. Some basic requirements and factors must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy for a child. Families can get an estimate of what they may be entitled to by entering their details into the Department of Human Services Payment and Service Finder.
How will the Child Care Subsidy (CCS) be paid?
A: CCS will be paid directly to Fun Kids OSHC and we will pass this onto families as fee reductions. Families will pay Fun Kids OSHC the difference between the subsidy and fee charged. Families will need to complete an assessment for CCS when (or before) each child starts attending care.
What is a CWA?
Under the Government’s new CCS funding arrangement, a Complying Written Arrangement (CWA) is an ongoing agreement between an Early Childhood Education Centre (ECEC) service provider and a Parent/Guardian, to provide care in return for fees. A CWA is required to access CCS funding. You can view the status of your CWA via your myGov account.
Why am I being charged full fees?
There are a number of reasons a family might be charged full fees:
  • You have not started or fully completed your myGov assessment
  • You have declined to accept your CWA in myGov
  • Your household income is above $350 000 and are not entitled to CCS
I haven’t had an opportunity to complete the myGov assessment, will I be charged full fees?
Yes, you must complete your myGov assessment in order to access CCS entitlements. If you have an incomplete assessment please ensure that you:
  • Link your Centrelink account with your myGov account
  • Provide the correct CRN & DOB for both you and your child.
  • Ensure the correct parent/ guardian is the Account holder
I have been charged full fees, can this be reversed when I have completed by CCS eligibility through myGov?
Yes, CCS eligibility can be backdated up to 28 days prior to the date the parent’s CCS assessment was lodged on 2 July 2018, whichever is the later. Any entitled fee changes will be applied and shown on the following statement.
My CWA has a Pending status, what do I need to do?
A CWA with a Pending Eligibility or Pending Confirmation status requires you to log on to your myGov account to complete your assessment. Once you have completed your assessment, CCS will be backdated to start of your CCS enrolment. Until this is done, you will be charged full fees.
My CWA has a disputed status, what do I need to do?
Fun Kids OSHC will resubmit your CWA and you will then need to confirm your details via your myGov account. However, until this is done you will be charged full fees.
My CWA has a rejected status, what do I need to do?
If you rejected your CWA in error, contact our Coordinator so we can resubmit the CWA. You will then need to confirm your details in your myGov account. Until this is done you will be charged full fees.